Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Still Waiting...

On October 19th, I went in for another doctor appointment. I still had not gone into labor, wasn’t having contractions, blah, blah, blah… The doctor checked me and still…NOTHING! Not dialated! Not even a little bit. So, we decided to do an ultrasound to check on the size of our babe. After doing some measurements on her head circumference and femur and a few other things, the doctor predicted our baby to be around 11 pounds!!! WHOA!!! Once you get to the point where your baby is over the 10 ½ pound mark, you then can decide whether you want to be induced or whether you want to go in for a c-section. We elected to have a c-section because I just had a feeling that that was how it was going to end up anyway. Plus, who wants to have an 11 pound baby the “regular” way??? Not me! So, the doctor scheduled us for Friday at 7am and sent us on our merry way. It was nice to know that our baby would be here in 2 days but I was so nervous to have a c-section. Its major surgery and I was so concerned with the recovery time. But, it was going to happen the way it was supposed to happen and I was OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment