Thursday, February 2, 2012

2 Weeks Old
























We had Sara Welch come to the house to take Kennedy's newborn photos and they couldn't have turned out better!


Kennedy's 2 Week Update:


Kennedy dropped down to 9 pounds 11 ounces from her 10 pound 9 ounce birth weight. It is normal for babies to loose weight after birth but K did not gain the weight back as fast as we would have liked. Our main focus is feed, feed, feed!! We make sure that she eats every 3 hours (I have to set my alarm during the night otherwise she would sleep up to 6 hours straight!). After she eats, I pump (I try and do this 2 to 4 times a day). We offer her 2 to 3 bottles a day after her feedings with the milk that I pump which she normally takes. She is a very sleepy eater so it is important for us to make sure she is actually eating and not just suckling. So, needless to say, all we do at the Chase house right now is nurse, burp, pump, offer a bottle, sterilize the empty bottles and pump equipment, change diaper, sleep, repeat...


Kennedy is wearing size 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers and has since birth. We didn't even bother buying anything in a newborn size.


Kennedy hardly ever cries unless she is tired or hungry. Or, if she is naked. She's not a huge fan of being cold.


The dogs really don't pay much attention to her. Maggie will sometimes come and stare at her and sometimes likes to snuggle with us.


Even though I said that I would never do it, Kennedy is currently sleeping with me in our bed. Yes, you read that right! We currently sleep together...Me, Jory, a baby and 3 dogs! And yes, I am fully aware at how crazy that is!!!


My Mom brings dinner over every night. Or, we go to their house.


My Dad stops by almost everyday after work on his way home.


Lindsay comes over almost everyday and cleans our house, does laundry, rights out my to-do list, etc... Whatever we need, she just does it. She also has come over at 6am to hold and take care of Kennedy while Jory and I try to get a couple of hours of sleep.


We currently go to the doctor every 3 days or so to have Kennedy weighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment